If you would have told me 4 months ago how much I would love this vegan, sugar free, chocolate-avocado frosting … I would have laughed right in your face.
Who the hell makes chocolate icing with avocado?!
Well, I do!
Even my dear husband likes it and that says a lot! I can’t wait to make another gluten free chocolate cake to share either. The cake recipe is super simple and easy to make. Bonus? This frosting makes it chocolate heaven. 😁
It’s been tough giving up sugar (among other things) but I’m 30lbs down and counting! Woooohooo!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Be sure to tag me when you make and share your frosting. I’d love to know how you enjoyed it.
- 2 ripe avocados (pitted and cut up)
- ½ cup 100% pure cocoa powder
- 4 squares Ghirardelli 100% cacao (melted)
- ½ cup Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Homemade Sugar-Free, Alcohol-Free Vanilla Extract is ideal)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In microwave safe dish heat 4 squares of Ghirardelli 100% cacao for 15-30 second or until melted
- In large mixing bowl add all ingredients
- Mix by hand (if you are brave and have great whisk stamina) or us electric mixer.
- refrigerate while your cake is in the oven
- will cover one 9" round double layer cake