After a particularly long day I mused on Facebook whether I should have a cup of tea or a martini. I couldn’t decide so I had both. Now, my husband insists that this is better with silver rum, I think it’s best with vodka. Regardless of which you use, I hope you enjoy this libation. Be sure to let me know what tea/liquor you chose to make it with, as I know each blend brings a unique experience.
- 2 tbsp amber agave
- 1 bag English Breakfast Tea
- 1 6oz. mug of water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lime juice
- lime wheel garnish
- 5 oz vodka or silver sum
- heat water like you would for a cup of tea, fill mug and add agave and tea bag.
- stir agave until dissolved and let tea steep for 5-10 min.
- set tea in refrigerator or freezer to quickly cool without diluting mixture.
- add lemon, lime and chilled liquor to a large martini mixing pitcher
- add chilled tea to mixture and stir
- serve in a martini glass with a lime wheel or on the rocks with twist of lemon