My husband and I picked up some Pee Dee Orchard peaches today from one of our local farmers markets.
Y’all know that I’m a sucker for fresh peaches so I naturally wanted to try my hand at making *ice cream maker free* ice cream.
This is my first attempt at forgoing my electric ice cream maker and it definitely won’t be my last. (My dear husband is already planning our next flavor experiment!)
I hope you enjoy making this recipe. Let me know how it works for you and be sure to leave any tips in the comments!
- 2 large Pee Dee Orchard peaches
- ⅛ tsp (or less) of fresh ground pepper
- Morning Fresh Farms heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup salt free butter
- ¼ cup confectioner sugar
- wash and dice peaches into small cubes
- add peaches, pepper, sugar and butter into sauté pan and cook over medium high heat until tender (approx 30 minutes)
- using a wire potato masher - mash peaches until the soft cubes are broken up
- remove peaches from heat and place in small metal bowl
- in large metal mixing bowl add small bowl containing peaches and add ice water bath to larger bowl.
- occasionally stir peach mixture to aid in cooling when you need a break from the next step (trust me you will)
- in a new large mixing bowl add heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar and mix by hand until stiff peaks form
- fold chilled peach mixture into whipping cream with spoon and mix well
- place metal bowl into freezer for 2 hours or more - (I'd recommend overnight)
- serve with a slice of fresh peach and a dash of cracked pepper