If you are wondering what gift to bestow upon me for any occasion – let me suggest a BIG helping of okra. (not even kidding) I love it freshly battered and fried, in gumbo, and yes, even *gasp* baked.
Recently my husband brought home a few bags of Bernie’s Berries local okra (lo-kra) from one of our favorite grocers and I couldn’t wait to put our Savory Spice Shop Black River Creole Seasoning to use. If you are looking for the perfect summer side for your lunch or dinner – this is it. It’s easy to make, savory, and the right level of spicy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bags of whole okra (sliced in half lengthwise) approx 3 cups
- 1 tsp Savory Spice Shop Black River Creole Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 425
- toss sliced okra, olive oil, creole seasoning
- place okra face down on an ungreased cookie sheet
- bake for 30 min, turning halfway through
at the Kenan Farm
5421 Groometown Road
Greensboro NC 27407
M-Fri 9-5pm, Sat 9-4, Closed Sun