Y’all know I love trying/creating new recipes. You also may have figured out that I love spicy food (even though it doesn’t like me). When I saw this post by Isabel (@familyfoodie) on Instagram I HAD to try making SPICY deviled eggs. Thankfully my friend Davina (@davinavb) shared a basket full of peppers she grew and made this deliciousness possible.
If you’re like me, you love sharing your recipe successes with friends and last night I did just that. Feedback was great and nearly everyone loved the kick and crunch of these devilishly good eggs.
I hope you enjoy making this recipe. I truly made it up as I went along and was inspired by Isabel’s post (that bag in the cup thing is a LIFE SAVER!).
Be sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think of this recipe. I’d love to hear your feed back!
- 18 eggs (boiled, peeled, cut in half)
- 5 jalapeno peppers (deseeded and diced)
- 5 Thai Chili Peppers (deseeded and diced)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 9 tbsp Duke's mayonnaise
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp shredded Gruyère cheese
- boil eggs, peel, cut in half, and separate yolks
- mash yolks thoroughly and mix in all ingredients listed above
- place quart size plastic sandwich bag in small bowl or cup and place yolk mixture in bag
- snip end of bag and pipe in yolk mixture into each egg half
- sprinkle eggs with paprika
- cut ½ cup of celery leaves and sprinkle over eggs
- in small frying pan mix 10 Thai chili peppers (deseeded and diced), 3 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder - cook until browned.
- on side of pan mash Thai chili mixture to release olive oil
- sprinkle Thai chili crumbles over eggs
- chill and serve