When it comes to using LinkedIn for Business, most people I speak with are not quite sure how to use it or have already had a bad experience.
All too often people join groups and see a barrage of self promotional posts in poorly moderated discussion boards, they get spammy sales pitches from people who harvest their contact information or worse . . . they connect with their peers and competitors in the spirit of community building only to hear those same people instruct others to connect and harvest contacts and poach clients.
Trust me I have experienced and heard some horrible stories. But just as there is bad in anything, there is also a whole hella good. It’s all in our attitude, how we choose to engage, behave and share.
The challenge that we all face when using LinkedIn (or any other social site for that matter) is to make the most of the time we invest, ask or answer questions, provide valuable content and contribute to discussions without being solely self promotional and monitor ourselves to be sure we are using/contributing with best practices in mind.
I wanted to share these Top Ten Resources from LinkedIn Learning Center so that those who are interested, can use it more effectively and ethically.
Remember that LinkedIn provides you with FREE LinkedIn training webinars to help get you started!
- Learn how to showcase your company on LinkedIn.
- Develop the right partnerships and connections to grow and expand your business.
- LinkedIn’s Timeless Guide To Small Business Success.
- Follow these tips to help you best utilize LinkedIn for your job search.
- Did you know that LinkedIn helps entrepreneurs get their ideas off the ground?
- Are you a Journalist? The right source can make-or-break the story, but you often have to rely on luck to find that expert or insider.
- LinkedIn has a wealth of resources for nonprofit professionals and organizations.
- Build your business as a consultant, demonstrate your areas expertise, and leverage your network.
- LinkedIn Answers is one of the best places on the web to share business knowledge.
- Start or join a conversation with groups on LinkedIn.
Head on over to Linkedin by clicking their helpful link below and don’t forget that you can use LinkedIn on your mobile phone too!
How are you using LinkedIn for business?