This recipe is really simple to make and is a quick breakfast that is also easy on the eyes.
Ready to have some fun with food?
Start to finish no more than 15 minutes
What you will need:
- two medium eggs
- two “rings” on a white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup Onion diced
- 1/2 fresh medium tomato diced
- 1 scallion diced
- olive oil or butter
- Hot Sauce (I used our last bottle of the Hawthore Hotel Hotsauce we got on our trip to Salem in ’09 for Halloween – it is SO GOOD!)
- Over medium high heat add 1tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
- Add the two onion rings and sear a few minutes on each side before adding an egg to the center of each one. (don’t worry about the spill over just scoop it up and keep on cooking!)
- Cook for a few minutes until you can flip them (carefully) if you want to
- Turn onion ring eggs on simmer while you saute the scallion and diced onion in a separate pan
- Plate onion ring eggs, top with sauteed scallion and diced onion and top with diced tomato.
- Garnish with Savory Spice Shop Herbs de Provence and Hawthorne Hotsauce (one of my favorites!)
What recipes have inspired you lately? Share your favorite recipe!