There is nothing as soothing as enjoying a hot cup of soup on a rainy day except maybe a good book and a nap afterwards. This is a simple recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish. I hope you enjoy it!
NOTE: If potatoes are not allowed in your diet you can substitute cauliflower or turnips.
Garlic Potato Soup
This is an easy vegan soup recipe that can be made in 30 minutes.
Author: Danielle Hatfield
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 2 large cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 TBSP Better Than Bouillion vegan broth
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee 2 large cloves garlic, 1 large onion and salt and pepper in 2 TBSP olive oil until transparent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Boil 4 cups water, 1 TBSP Better Than Bouillion vegan broth and potatoes for 15 or until tender.
- Strain potatoes into blender/food processor and reserve water.
- Add 1½ cup reserved water and garlic/onion to blender/food processor. Blend until smooth adding more water as necessary.
- Blend remaining reserved water with contents of blender.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and chives