There is nothing as soothing as enjoying a hot cup of soup on a rainy day except maybe a good book and a nap afterwards. This is a simple recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish. I hope you enjoy it!
NOTE: If potatoes are not allowed in your diet you can substitute cauliflower or turnips.
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 2 large cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 TBSP Better Than Bouillion vegan broth
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee 2 large cloves garlic, 1 large onion and salt and pepper in 2 TBSP olive oil until transparent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Boil 4 cups water, 1 TBSP Better Than Bouillion vegan broth and potatoes for 15 or until tender.
- Strain potatoes into blender/food processor and reserve water.
- Add 1½ cup reserved water and garlic/onion to blender/food processor. Blend until smooth adding more water as necessary.
- Blend remaining reserved water with contents of blender.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and chives