One of my husband’s favorite homemade soups is my VERY simple fresh broccoli, unsalted butter and sea salt.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Time : This takes about 2 hours from start to finish and can be easily frozen.
- cutting board
- stew pan with lid
- measuring spoons
- wire hand masher
- Cut broccoli into florets, being sure to freeze stems to make vegetable stock at a later date.
- Bring 6 cups of water and all ingredients to a rapid boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes and reduce heat to medium – medium high for 30 minutes.
- Mash broccoli florets in the pan.
- Stir occasionally and continue to cook on low for 1.5 hours or just until broccoli florets are soft.
Serve with fresh baked bread and butter.—
You may have noticed this recipe doesn’t have any cream or cheese. What do you add to your broccoli soup recipe?