Whilst waiting for my husband to wake up so that I can noisily sew these fabulous silk curtains into a duvet cover, I came across a Facebook post that linked to this MTV article and video thanks to Peg Fitzpatrick (check out her new book “The Art of Social Media’ here) Thanks for this Peg!
I will admit I have never bought a Taylor Swift CD or downloaded any of her music. It’s not that I don’t like her style – I just mainly listen to classical music on an inherited family record player or NPR and occasionally watch a video or three on Youtube. Shocker, I know. I am happy to report that I have now subscribed to her youtube/vevo channel and will enjoy getting to know who this young woman is as an artist.
Get yourselves a box of Kleenex before you watch this. . . seriously. It had me in tears.
So what did I learn?. . . well here you go:
- be grateful to those who celebrate you every day
- be kind in your actions towards others
- be thoughtful in your gifts and in your words
- be adventurous in your journey through life
- be an example to those who look to you for leadership
- be attentive to the goals and passions of those who are on your team
- be prepared to show up everyday to share your time and talent toward building a kinder world
Edit: a twitter follower suggested an 8th lesson that I think is perfect! Thanks for this Ian!
8. Be able to ‘shake it off’ and move forward.
— Ian Gertler (@IanGertler) January 2, 2015