I usually push my self to the point of collapse before admitting I am indeed sick. This is when I relent to the fact that I am no good to anyone dripping snot and coughing up what feels like boulders. (sorry about that visual, but it’s true)
When, I reach this point, I’m usually in bed or on the couch, watching movies through a sniffly, medicated glaze. I want happy, feel good movies that will make me forget for a little while that I feel like death warmed over.
Get your heating pad, cup of broth, box of Kleenex and pull on a blanket. . . these movies will see you through until you feel better.
- Last Holiday : Queen Latifah and LL Cool J . . . need I say more? Bonus in this movie is Gérard Depardieu. Love him.
- Overboard : Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell (and the lack of cell phones and computers) make this one movie I could watch anytime.
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes : Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe are only out shined buy the costumes and catchy tunes.
- My Cousin Vinny : Joe Pesci, Marisa Tomei, Ralph Macchio . . . so many great laughs to be had with this one. I don’t even know where to start.
- Clue : Years ago, nearly any movie with Tim Curry in it I used happily watch until I broke the rewind button on the VCR. (Thank goodness for Netflix instant watch.)
- His Girl Friday : What can I say, I’m a sucker for Cary Grant. I think that he and Rosalind Russell make a great comedic team on screen.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off : This movie takes me right back to when MTV actually played music and the fact that I am still in lust after Cameron’s house in the woods. Just remember that I‘ll keep calling you, I‘ll keep calling you until you watch it.
- 50 First Dates : One of my favorite movie soundtracks. Not to mention that Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore are so cute in this movie with Rob Schneider offering awkwardly funny college boy humor.
- Erin Brockovich : (Yes this is a feel good movie to me) Really love Julia Roberts in this role.
- Julie and Julia : Amy Adams is perfect in the role of blogger Julie Powell who, in 2002, took on the challenge to cook all the recipes in Julia Child’s first book. Meryl Streep is able to portray an amazingly tender side that few ever saw of Julia.
What are your favorite Feel Good movies?