I was day dreaming about what shoes I would wear with which outfit for my upcoming presentation ‘Being the CEO of YOU: Building Your Personal Brand’ at Bloggy Conference in Cincinnati Ohio when a panic washed over me.
This was one of those ‘wake up late on a Saturday morning feeling like you missed the bus’ kinda panics. . . What if I forgot something?!
We’ve all been there right?
We head off to a conference feeling like we remembered everything and end up wishing we would have remembered to pack those extra business cards or that extension cord instead of fitting in those stilettos for that just in case event. (Am I right Ladies?)
I know the conference is a few weeks away but I am mapping out my carry on real estate as I type. A few things that I will be bringing are my Swivl and Udderly Smooth. Yes, they are in fact my sponsors for Bloggy Conference, but seriously – they are now part of my ‘every conference’ checklist.
Because I knew that I couldn’t be the only one with this panic – I turned to the lovely ladies going to #BloggyCon to help identify the *MUST HAVES* they are bringing.
- Amy McCleary Harrison Pen & paper, smartphone
- Marla Murasko said business cards, ipad or computer, extension cord
- Sherry Tomes Martz (@citychiconafarm) Your authentic self, business cards, laptop/tablet/note pad.
- Heather Hetchler breath mints, water bottle, phone charger/phone
- Caitlin Nicole business cards, something to take notes with (pen/paper, computer), cell phone
- Emily Darden Kerr cell phone/charger (duh), cute outfits with comfy shoes….water bottle, maybe some snacks??, ALSO MAYBE a little gift for your roomie (might be a good idea??),…. glasses (my eyes get tired of contacts after several hours!) and obviously business cards. That’s more than 3. I know :)
- Deborah Gilboa rubber bands or binder clips for separating out all the business cards I get into groups before I forget who’s who and what we talked about doing together!
- Kathy Isabel Stockman (@artsnob)I just know I’m going to forget my business cards….lol!
- moleskine or ecosytstem notebook
- your smart phone and/or computer (and chargers!)
- extension cord
- business cards
- breath mints and/or colgate wisps
- your smile!
And for those of you (like me) who wear contacts I love Emily’s idea of bringing a pair of glasses and a gift for your roomie! . . . now about those comfy clothes/shoes.
I also love Jenny’s idea of a t-shirt sporting your twitter handle!
What will you be bringing to Bloggy Conference? Leave your suggestion in the comments!